venerdì 27 marzo 2020

Grammar Duolingo 1a: Gender, ser

Gender
In Spanish, all
nouns
are either
masculine or feminine.
Often, nouns end in ‑o if they're masculine and ‑a if they're feminine.

el niño
the boy

la niña
the girl
Notice how you use
el
if the word is masculine and
la
if the word is feminine.
The apple is a girl?!
It's not just people that are
masculine or feminine
in Spanish. Objects are, too!

el pan
the bread

la manzana
the apple
Not sure what gender something is? Look at the the! If a word uses
el
, it's masculine. If it uses
la
, it's feminine.
I think, therefore...
In English,
verb
forms change depending on who's doing the action. For example, we say I am, you are, and she is. In Spanish, you do the same thing.


ser
to be

yo
I

soy
I am

you

eres
you are

él
he

es
he is

ella
she

es
she is

Yo soy una niña. Tú eres un niño.
I am a girl. You are a boy.

Nessun commento: